Friday, November 25, 2011

The demise of the local show?

I am sitting, awaiting a night of music with Nathan Lynn and Sluegrass at Doe's Eat place in Paducah. I just spoke with another local musician and he has me running things through my head. He told me that he is seeing a trend at local live shows, less people.

Why? Is it the music? Is it the economy? Is it that hand fishing dude on the tube who wants me think he just goes around sticking his hand in holes in muddy rivers? [side note... Where I come from, ya find more than a catfish in those holes]

Now that i think about it I have been perusing Facebook all day as folks plop post after post on their shopping prowess and the location of their latest "find" of yet another useless trinket but I have yet to see one single post about the band they are going to see down on the corner.

I hope this is just a minor burp and not a trend but just in case.... Folks, ALL bands start as local bands at some point. If you don't get out, explore and find new music then you may awake someday to no music at all.

Go explore! Find a band that plays something different and make them your own. Help build their reputation and you can grow with them.

Go now... No, right now! Get up, get out and hear some tunes!

Nathan Lynn and Sluegrass begin at 9 at Doe's Eat Place in Paducah... K-Y.


- Salut!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: